Shower drain cockeyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Jombee

Reaction score
Hi All, I had drains roughed in my basement when my house was built and finally putting in a bathroom. Hit a snag when looking at the shower drain. It is cockeyed, it looks like when the put glued the pipe to the strap they did not have it in straight. It is off by about 1/2 inch.

How can a make the pipe straight without having to do new piping? I thought about a rubber coupling that clamps to the pipe which will give me a little play to get it straight or a PVC coupling and put it on cockeyed to counter act the current cockeyed ness (if that is a word) or I have heard heat the pipe up with a heat gun and bend it slightly. Any other ideas?

Problem is what I am working in a 12 in x 12 in hole about 12 inches deep, so not a lot of room to work with.

What do you all recommend?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you're working in a 12 x 12 hole, that sounds like you could install a new p-trap and align it correctly.
Maybe even one cut, align and couple it back up.

Reach4

Reaction score
If for some reason you cannot replace the trap, how about putting in a couple of 22.5 elbows. That should let you introduce any angle between 0 and 45 degrees. The fitting shown on the left is a street elbow.

It would take some skill to get the angle just right, and with PVC gluing you have to get it right the first time.
elbows-c48082hd2-64_145.jpg
elbows-c4808hd2-64_145.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks