Should I use an offset toilet flange to better center the toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

jme3jm

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking of installing a larger vanity, and want to try to get the toilet closer to being centered between the vanity and the wall on the other side. So I thought the 1.5" offset would be nice. But I'm concerned about reduced drainage power and clogging. Is it worth installing the following offset flange?

Oatey 3-4 in. PVC Offset Open Toilet Flange with Stainless Steel Ring
Item #1216649Model #436054
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-3-4-...-Flange-with-Stainless-Steel-Ring/1000720810?

upload_2020-5-12_10-55-22.png

Existing 36" vanity edge is 26" from toilet drain centerline (LOTS of room). The potential new larger vanity is 48", so its edge would be 14" from toilet centerline (which is below the 15" required by code, right?). There's plenty of room on the other side where the wall is.

We currently don't have any clogging problems, but if I install the offset flange, am I likely to start having clogging problems?

Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
There are some good ones and bad ones. That is one of the good ones.

If you are connecting to a 4 inch pipe, there are some non-glue alternatives.

jme3jm

Reaction score

Reach4

Reaction score
Another fine choice for a 3 inch pvc pipe. That one advertizes that it will pass a 3 inch ball.

You have a 3 inch pipe that is clear for gluing? https://www.siouxchief.com/docs/def...oset-flange---fullflush.pdf?sfvrsn=a7523037_6

They don't provide what I would think would be the important dimension -- surface of the floor down to the the top of the pipe. I infer that full seating may not be required -- that having the pipe inserted most of the way into the hub may be close enough.

offset-closet-flange-5831-top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks