Toilet flange replacement ring not in contact with PVC fitting. Is this OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

alex_v

Reaction score
Hello. I've got a question I can't seem to find a good answer to.

I had to replace my rotted subfloor and corroded metal toilet flange ring. I'm left with a still intact PVC fitting for a 3" pipe that the old metal flange was attached to. It has about a 4 7/8" O.D.. See picture.

I can't seem to find a replacement metal flange anywhere that will hug the PVC fitting the way the original metal flange did. All the replacement flanges have an I.D. a little over 5", which means this PVC fitting will have over 1/8" of slop between it and the replacement flange. I've tried the Oatey Moss Bay Replacement Flange, as well as the Oatey 3 in. or 4 in. Stainless Steel Closet Flange Ring.

My question is this: is this slop between the PVC fitting and the replacement metal flange OK? Any recommendations to a novice? I would imagine based on how new PVC fittings with metal flanges look at the store that this slop is not ideal.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Attachments

• TF.jpg
    TF.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 108
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks