Scala2 thump on start, runs erratically.

Users who are viewing this thread

TheBigYahi

Reaction score
The fix for mine was buying a DAB e.Sybox Mini. Went through 2 replacement SCALA2’s and they all did it. The DAB pump is really slick in my opinion with great support so far.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I've seen these around this site a bunch. Can you comment on how much noise that pump might make? How exactly does a Cycle Stop Valve work?
Pump switch set 40/60 csv is set at 50. Instead of a pump running 100% flow and pressure csv maintain a 50 lb pressure by riding the top of the pump curve and when valve is shut system pressure slowly rises to 60 and shuts off.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The fix for mine was buying a DAB e.Sybox Mini. Went through 2 replacement SCALA2’s and they all did it. The DAB pump is really slick in my opinion with great support so far.

Please let us know how long that magical little box last? I have been watching things like this come and go for 40 years just like the Scala. They always say the new ones will last longer than the last model, but they never do. All the while there are standard jet pumps and submersibles controlled with Cycle Stop Valves and other valves to do the same thing as those magic boxes, but they are still running 30-50 years later.

dab_sybox_mini_3_1_1.jpg

Adam Ulemek

Reaction score
Bumping an older thread...

Aside from replacing the pump, has anyone solved the banging issue with the Scala2?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks