Sanitary tee at 45 to get space between joists

Users who are viewing this thread

sazerac

Reaction score
I'm rerouting a shower/tub combo drain so that it will no longer go down the wall because we're adding a window. The window is quite long so the easiest option is to run the drain down between the joists and connect up to everything else in the plumbing wall near by.

I've read in another thread that a sanitary tee is okay at 45 degrees since that's considered vertical. My plan is to rotate to 45ish, connect up the trap arm to the inlet of the santee and then a sweep 90 to the bottom and run drain between the joists to the plumbing wall.

Trap and arm: 1-1/2"
San-tee: 2x2x1-1/2"
Reducer from 2->1-1/2" on top of san-tee
Drain: 2"
Vent: 1-1/2"
Bend: 2" long sweep 90

This is the only fixture on this branch.

Here's a photo:
IMG_0986.JPG

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the goal is to run the tub drain down one wall and the vent up another wall, isn't it simpler to keep the drain horizontal within the joist bay, and take the vent off the horizontal run via a wye rolled up 45 degrees above horizontal?

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks