Retrofit a shower panel in place of existing Price Pfister

Users who are viewing this thread

Joan Duncan

Reaction score
I made a mistake as a Designer in installing a crappy shower panelshower system with a handheld unit and Price Pfister w/o a handheld head. Now I want to put in a shower panel that includes a handheld and maybe jets. My husband is a DIYer and says we need a retrofit which is proving very difficult to find especially in oil rubbed bronze.
How much work is involved in installing a panel system — cutting tile, replacing valve or . . .? Not sure if I have defined this well but appreciate any information or suggestion. Including photo because a pic is worth 1000 words!

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 312

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't know about finding them in ORB, but the ones I've installed used the hot and cold from the existing valve and stubbed out with 1/2" MIP and supply lines. That makes a pretty easy conversion from a single shower valve.

khan_1496.jpg

sagisi_01.jpg

This bar from Kohler mounts off of the shower head and diverts from rain head and handheld.

Last edited:

Joan Duncan

Reaction score
I made a mistake as a Designer in installing a crappy shower panelshower system with a handheld unit and Price Pfister w/o a handheld head. Now I want to put in a shower panel that includes a handheld and maybe jets. My husband is a DIYer and says we need a retrofit which is proving very difficult to find especially in oil rubbed bronze.
How much work is involved in installing a panel system — cutting tile, replacing valve or . . .? Not sure if I have defined this well but appreciate any information or suggestion. Including photo because a pic is worth 1000 words!
thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks