New Shower pre-fab kit recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

RMNewbie

Reaction score
First post here!

I have been reading a lot of the posts for quite a while and found a lot of great information on things for projects I have done. I am strictly a do-it-yourself-er with some things turning out great and other just OK.

So my wife has decided the old 30 year old one piece fiberglass enclosed shower must go. ( most of my projects start this way) . I have looked over lot's of options that are out there. We have a very small existing shower that must stay inside the basic dimensions. Without removing the old shower maybe 48 inches wide by 34 inches deep.

I started with looking at Schluter Kerdi and other build your own in place type of systems. After a lot of research I decided that I did not want to tackle all the mortar and tiling and waterproofing that is involved. I have done tiling before but things like kitchen wall and other types that do not require so much waterproofing.

So I am thinking more like a prefab type with the base pan and the three wall panels and sliding doors. There are so many options out there at the big box stores and on line specialty sites that it is easy to be overwhelmed.

I would like something that is on the mid to upper end of quality and geared towards a DIYer. We don't mind a higher price for quality.

So basically I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for any prefab kits that you know of or maybe have installed before and are happy with the results.

Thanks
Ray

RMNewbie

Reaction score
So I just spent most of the day looking at Kohler Luxstone to discover that it is only sold through dealers and installers now. Then looked at Kohler choreograph line for DIY then found out they discontinued it.

Now looking at Swanstone, down the rabbit hole!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks