Retaining clip wont go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

cmantx

Reaction score
I tried replacing a Moen 1222, and the old one over 10 yrs old cracked after using the puller tool(aftermarket not Moen tool). It took some time to carefully pull out the pieces. However, the new cartridge doesn't quite go in far enough to get the retaining clip on. Other than no retaining clip it works great. So it is not usable. I flushed the valve, and some tiny rubber pieces out of the valve before attempting to put in the new cartridge. Reached in there with my finger to feel for more pieces or anything that felt out of whack, nothing.

Instructions on what to do to get the cartridge in to where the clip will go in is appreciated. Thanks

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
not sure on the 1222 vs a 1225 but the later dont push on the stem push on the plastic and it will push in that last 1/16 " or so the stem winds up bottoming out but the rest of Cart. hasent seated all the way to allow clip install

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks