RESOLVED: Please advise how to connect slip-nut so i can use my kitch sink!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Minni, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Minni

Minni Member

UPDATE: never mind - i figured it out myself (i.e. the problem had been that i was supposed to move the slip-nut down first and slip it down beyond the edge of the upper pipe, in order to then screw it onto the trap-pipe. Surprising that nobody made a youtube video exclusively devoted to connecting a kitchen P-trap, since that's the most confusing.

BELOW IS MY ORIG. POST:
    Hi, I took apart my kitch plumbing pipes in order to clean them. But i'm finding it impossible to re-connect the P-Trap, because i can't get the slip-nut screwed on!

Please help, as i'm without a kitchen sink! My left-view & right-view pics are below.
    NOTE THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE BEEN ANY WASHER (where red-arrows are)

left_side.JPG right_side.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  2. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

You've got the right idea, that nut needs to screw onto the p-trap. My only suggestion would be to try loosening the other nut so that you have the maximum flexibility to try to get the connection giving you difficulty aligned correctly and the nut started.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Tuttles Revenge likes this.
  4. Minni

Minni Member

Actually, the PVC problem is self-resolved (see my OP) but i've a worse problem which i'll post.