RESOLVED: Please advise how to connect slip-nut so i can use my kitch sink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Minni

Reaction score
UPDATE: never mind - i figured it out myself (i.e. the problem had been that i was supposed to move the slip-nut down first and slip it down beyond the edge of the upper pipe, in order to then screw it onto the trap-pipe. Surprising that nobody made a youtube video exclusively devoted to connecting a kitchen P-trap, since that's the most confusing.

BELOW IS MY ORIG. POST:
Hi, I took apart my kitch plumbing pipes in order to clean them. But i'm finding it impossible to re-connect the P-Trap, because i can't get the slip-nut screwed on!

Please help, as i'm without a kitchen sink! My left-view & right-view pics are below.
NOTE THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE BEEN ANY WASHER (where red-arrows are)

left_side.JPG
right_side.jpg

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You've got the right idea, that nut needs to screw onto the p-trap. My only suggestion would be to try loosening the other nut so that you have the maximum flexibility to try to get the connection giving you difficulty aligned correctly and the nut started.

Cheers, Wayne

Minni

Reaction score
Actually, the PVC problem is self-resolved (see my OP) but i've a worse problem which i'll post.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks