Replacing Vent pipe in Kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

davidmmm

Reaction score
had the house inspected today and the on;y thing holding the closing now for the second time in a month is a Vent Pipe in the kitchen...
It is a flat roof here in florida now when i go up on the roof the vent pipe has a metal pipe and then a plastic pipe around it with maybe what looks like 1/4 inch between the 2 pipes. He said it should be replaced because the plastic is cracking and is almost below thetop point of the metal pipe.
Not sure how to fix this? Is there something i can put over it the roof is a rolled roof i guess you can call it???
it is sealed around the pipe, and not a shingle roof.
not sure how to handle this sure do not want to call a roofer but if i have to i guess i have no choice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
lead flashing

On flat roofs, we sometimes use a "lead flashing".
These can be put down with tar and some flat head nails.
Roof patch can be bought in gallon cans.
It could be considered a "handyman" type of job.
The top of the flashing is bent in so that opening is smaller, thus no water dripping down the side of the vent pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks