Replacing toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdiaz

Reaction score
Hello,
My toilet drain Needs to be replaced but I'm worried about my tile work. It's going to be hard to find The same tile or something that matches. The bathroom is on the second floor. Is it possible for the plumber to go through the first floor ceiling?

Reach4

Reaction score
Hello,
My toilet drain Needs to be replaced but I'm worried about my tile work. It's going to be hard to find The same tile or something that matches. The bathroom is on the second floor. Is it possible for the plumber to go through the first floor ceiling?
Yes, but what will the people on the first floor say? :rolleyes:

Why are you replacing the drain? Leak?

Jdiaz

Reaction score
Yes, but what will the people on the first floor say? :rolleyes:

Why are you replacing the drain? Leak?

Yes it's the drain, my husband used a snake camera he was and saw holes in the pipe. My sister in law lives below me. She won't mind I think.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes it's the drain, my husband used a snake camera he was and saw holes in the pipe. My sister in law lives below me. She won't mind I think.
Yeah, she will be cheering the work, I think.

Jdiaz

Reaction score
Yeah, she will be cheering the work, I think.
Lol

Would anyone know what it would run me just to put the drain in? Just a ball park figure so I have some sort of idea what to expect. And anyone know of a good plumber in the Bronx area?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think it will involve
  1. open the ceiling
  2. see what needs doing.
  3. do it.
  4. close the ceiling back up
  5. patch and repaint
Would you want to contract out the whole thing, or do you think you could do some of those things? If you ask somebody to do a firm quote before step 1, that contractor will have to plan for worst case.

I am not a pro. I am just suggesting some things to consider. Also, during step 5, maybe you want to get some other things painted at the same time. Incidentally, the paint commonly used to paint ceilings is "ceiling paint". I am not kidding.

Jdiaz

Reaction score
I think it will involve
  1. open the ceiling
  2. see what needs doing.
  3. do it.
  4. close the ceiling back up
  5. patch and repaint
Would you want to contract out the whole thing, or do you think you could do some of those things? If you ask somebody to do a firm quote before step 1, that contractor will have to plan for worst case.

I am not a pro. I am just suggesting some things to consider. Also, during step 5, maybe you want to get some other things painted at the same time. Incidentally, the paint commonly used to paint ceilings is "ceiling paint". I am not kidding.

My husband can probably do everything but the plumbing. He's pretty handy. He's not so confident when it comes to plumbing though. He'd have everything open for the plumber. Plumber would just have to install the new pipes and stuff...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks