Toilet relocation

Users who are viewing this thread

doublehillbrew

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster. Hit a snag with my remodel that I’d like some advice on.

Plumbing wall is a mess. Two second floor bathrooms share the same wall. Both toilets share the same fitting connecting to horizontal waste.

Picture shows the current layout which was a toilet and a shower. I’m not even sure if it’s okay as is since the shower had no vent.

I’m wanting to move the toilet to the red circle. Am I correct in assuming I can’t just cut out the old rough in, throw a 90 on it, and move it down the line? Seems like too many turns.

Next question: moving the drain further down the line is a headache. There’s not going to be much horizontal play and I don’t have room for multiple fittings without tearing into lower level ceiling. Can I use a couple no-hubs to install a 3” wye and then drain the shower into the toilet 90 like what’s currently being done? I will be adding a new vent for the shower.

Including pictures of current layout and proposed layout if adding a 90 to my current layout won’t work to relocate.

Attachments

• D03FA7DA-148F-4018-82AE-2615186F1BB7.jpeg
    D03FA7DA-148F-4018-82AE-2615186F1BB7.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 28

doublehillbrew

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster. Hit a snag with my remodel that I’d like some advice on.

Plumbing wall is a mess. Two second floor bathrooms share the same wall. Both toilets share the same fitting connecting to horizontal waste.

Picture shows the current layout which was a toilet and a shower. I’m not even sure if it’s okay as is since the shower had no vent.

I’m wanting to move the toilet to the red circle. Am I correct in assuming I can’t just cut out the old rough in, throw a 90 on it, and move it down the line? Seems like too many turns.

Next question: moving the drain further down the line is a headache. There’s not going to be much horizontal play and I don’t have room for multiple fittings without tearing into lower level ceiling. Can I use a couple no-hubs to install a 3” wye and then drain the shower into the toilet 90 like what’s currently being done? I will be adding a new vent for the shower.

Including pictures of current layout and proposed layout if adding a 90 to my current layout won’t work to relocate.

Attachments

• F1E23F60-32DA-4DC6-B988-3C132E141DC8.jpeg
    F1E23F60-32DA-4DC6-B988-3C132E141DC8.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 29
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks