Repair or replace Swanstone tub wall?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by startswimming, May 2, 2005.

  1. startswimming

    startswimming New Member

    May 2, 2005
    Hi All,
    We have a seven-year-old Swanstone tub wall that was installed as part of remodel. The bottom of the slender soap dish panel is no longer flush to the other panels (warped?) and there is mold/mildew in there. I'd hate to get rid of the whole thing but don't know if there's a way to remedy the situation. Can that panel be "reattached"? Does anyone have experience with this? I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice.
  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    If I had to guess, there is drywall behind the panels. If so, then you won't get the thing to sit flat because the caulked seal failed, water got into the drywall, and it swelled up. If you are really lucky, you might be able to remove the panels, replace the backing with cement board, and reinstall the panels. My unprofessional opinion...hope I'm wrong.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Repair replace
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Diverter Stem Replacement or Repair Feb 15, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Delta 600 series shower only valve replacement/repair May 15, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog How to repair/replace this Delta stem? Aug 23, 2011
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Kohler k-401 Mixing valve, Cartridge Repair or Replace? Oct 3, 2010
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog "Standard" shower/tub valve repair or replace? Apr 20, 2009

Share This Page