Recommendation for Las Vegas water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

aes256

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm leaning towards the Fleck Pentair 5810 SXT. The Water District says we have 16 gpg hardness.
House is 3200 sq ft, 3 person household, 4 baths, built in Jan 2019. Wirsbo 1 1/4" hePEX water softener loop installed.

Is the 5810 a good fit? Any recommended suppliers? I saw a recommendation for ohiopurewater on reddit, but if there's a closer one I'd prefer that. I'd DIY'd before but I'd rather pay someone else to do it this time. Any Las Vegas plumber recommendations?

Thanks
Alvin

Last edited:

blaze4545

Reaction score
1.25" Uponor, Your plumber is one of the few good ones!

Remember, the 5810 SXT is just a valve and does not dictate how good the softener it is attached to will be!

It is strongly recommended to use 10% water softening resin for chlorinated water systems / systems with chloramines.

Alot of these online dealers will put Fleck and use the lowest grade 6% or 7% resin they find. I have seen this stuff melt in under a year
and clog up homeowners faucets. shower heads and toilet supplies.

You are on the right track with the 5810 series. One of the only valves which can properly handle your flow rates if you are staying
1.25" as far as possible like to the hot water tank.

Look into the 5810 XTR2. Easy to use and program.

Reader90

Reaction score
LV market dealers like Clack, which is not a bad valve. If you want a fleck 5810 series, ask for someone to PM you with information on how to get one built and shipped to you for a DIY install. Plumbers in LV will do the install as well as the units will come basically assembled. The 5810 XTR2 is a great unit. Agree with others that talk about 10% cross link resin. LV uses chlorine, you may want to consider a whole home carbon filter as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks