Recirc pump wireless remote control

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe acquiost

Reaction score
I have a Takagi TK3 that I installed with a recirc pump and a 5 gallon water heater tank, to soften the "cold sandwich". Using the tank thermostat, a clamp on pipe thermostat and some relays and a timer, it works to keep the temp in the recirc line at a reasonable temperature, so when I turn the tap(s) on, water will be hot.

However, it is a bit complicated and, even with my schematics, some may find it tough to maintain. Getting older.

Without going further along that line, I thought it might be smarter to just get a wireless setup where I could have a switch at each tap triggering a relay to run the recirc pump. Even eliminating the buffer tank, etc.

So far I have found nothing that really fits and was thinking of building something. But, first, maybe some of you pro's know of something ready made?

Joe acquiost

Reaction score
Taco has wireless remotes. Also can have a motion sensor to trigger the recirc pump. http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-49.pdf

Thanks. Similar to what I was considering.

Since I have the pump, aquastat, etc already, I must decide if to use the Taco ($$$$) or the items online and eBay ($) for the wireless part since they are no doubt fundamentally the same.

I could buy the Taco stuff so those later on could simply replace with the same, or current parts, or, I could by 3 or 4 spare sets of no names for that price.

Tough choice.

Stuff

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the Taco remote assumes you have a pump with a thermostat. Essentially a dry contact momentary switch.

Joe acquiost

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the Taco remote assumes you have a pump with a thermostat. Essentially a dry contact momentary switch.

I have a strap on pipe aquastat on the return line that shuts off the pump when temperature is reached. It works in conjunction with the storage tank thermostat, some relays and a timer (so it does not cycle 24/7/365).

I want to simplify things and make it a "true on demand" system. I may even remove the 5 gallon tank and live with the cold sandwich. Which, come to think of it may not be an issue as the "cold slug" may be past the last tap when the pump shuts off. If I lay it out correctly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks