Pump runs no water

Users who are viewing this thread

Scolabird

Reaction score
60 ft washed down pvc well 2" casing with 4 ft screenpoint. Well was done by a small professional outfit 2 years ago. It has a 1hp topside shallow pump and pressure switch cheapo pump ever biltmore and has provided water for our household for 2 years without fail. We left water pumping to our livestock water bucket on low while we were gone to work all day and night. 12 hours later got home to no water and well pump just a running but no water from anywhere. Unplugged pump and let cool reprimed pump and tried again it pumps the couple of gallons we primed with then goes dry. I also noticed pump seems to whine or squeel time to time like bearings are going bad. Hooked up another old 1hp pump bypassing pressure tank and primed and ran that pump with the same troubles. System is using a 1 1/4 check valve and i fear that it may have gotten stuck shut with sediment possibly? My plan b is to drop a 1 inch dropping down 50 foot or so and reprised and hook back up with a in cased foot valve instead of top side check valve. If I do a drop pipe 1 inch with a footvalve must I seal the gap between the 2inchvcasing cap,/reducer and the 1 inch drop pipe stuck down thru it into well casing?Static water over the years usually seemed to be between 8 and 15 ft deep however we have been in a drought.... were in nwfl panhandle. Any help greatly appreciated.

Scolabird

Reaction score
Shaft seal is bad from running dry their water lubricated. Pull the pump apart to inspect shaft were seal rides.
Didn't see this
Ran a drop pipe 1 inch all the way but a foot off bottom of casing
Has water static at 16 ft its been running clear for an hour filling livestock tanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks