Pump in well stuck any ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Kent Lockhart

Reaction score
Hey bought my house in 2014. well under the garage. Told it had issues. Power cord in the pit pipe in the whole. So a couple years ago i decided to get the well going pulled the pipe, needless to say the pump was not attached. pulled 33 ft of pvc. Its definitely a bit below water line so assume its a shallow well. i have tried magnets but idk how strong of one i would need or if thats the right way to go. Any suggestions or cheaper then a professional at this point would be great might have to go that route but a few days of creativity is worth the wait if i can figure it out, pretty sure there is a fitting still attached.

Reach4

Reaction score
Your post is not as readable as you thought it was. If you sit at a computer, and click Edit, I'll bet you could fix that.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Magnets won't work. If the casing is large enough you can make an overshot that fits over the 3.75" pump and has teeth on the inside to grab the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks