pulling pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Hardcharger

Reaction score
I would like to pull my shallow well pipe that is about 30' deep and reinstall it. my question is will the hole that is left remain open or will fill in and will need to drive it down again. My soil is sand. I have a well pit about 4' deep that is below the top soil. I am planning on pulling with a chain hoist and am wondering if a 2 ton hoist be stong enough. Hardcharger

Reach4

Reaction score
What diameter is your well casing? 4.5 inch OD? 2.375? If the larger, I expect you have a well seal, and the drop pipe dangles, held up by a fitting atop the well seal.

If smaller than 4 inch, I you could have a sand point, and that is hammered into place, rather than having a foot valve dangling from a drop pipe under a well seal. Or you could have a 1 inch pipe dangling inside a 2 inch pipe. Maybe post a photo of the top of the well above the pit floor.

While thinking about this, note that well pits flood, and can contaminate wells.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks