Submersible pump starting to lift internal PVC casing after 140' of drop line has been pulled out

Users who are viewing this thread

fishonzzz

Reaction score
Hey All, I am new to well work and hit a snag. A little information on the well, I have no idea how deep it is. This is a pre-existing well on our property that has never been operational since we've been there. We have been able to pull 140 ft of galvanized drop line out, there was a check valve at the hundred foot mark. There is a PVC casing that starts about 4 ft down from the wellhead. Once I got the section out to put us at 140 ft shortly after we started cranking up the next section (coffin hoist) and the PVC casing started to rise with each crank. Lowered and re-raised The drop line trying a few inches to see if the pump would continue up smoothly and no go. Tips tricks and ideas would be awesome. TIA

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Possibly there is a ring of mineral deposits at the static water level that the pump is getting stuck on. If you can, devise a way to hold down or pound down the PVC liner to break through the mineral ring. Maybe dropping in some NuWell would dissolve it.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have no experience. But I am thinking if you lower the pump, turn the drop pipe 180 degrees, and then lift, the pump might not snag when you then lift.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks