Well company damaged well casing when replacing well seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

lah1120

Reaction score
The original well drilling company of my fathers well, said we needed a custom water tight seal, since water was barely dripping out of a pipe about a foot above ground that went to an electrical controller box. The deep well was 21 years old. They came out, pulled the submersible pump up or maybe out, I was not there. The neighbors watched because it’s a shared well. The neighbors said the repairmen had a hard time getting the pump back down, and the neighbors said the well service people never did a flush after. I’ve never owned a well so know nothing. The next day my father’s irrigation system and the two neighbors’ irrigation systems would not run. They were completely clogged with sand. The well company said replacing a seal could not damage the casing and cause sand. They would not come out an assess the problem to see what happened or if it could be repaired. My question is, what could have happened since they are refusing to see what the problem is. Thank you.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I agree sealing the top of the well had nothing to do with the pump not going back down or making sand. Most likely the pump was buried in the sand for some time. When the pulled it up it would not go back down, and started making sand as it was all stirred up. Pulling a pump always stirs things up and it should have been pumped out before reconnected to the house pipes. They would have known then that there is a problem. They should have had a clue from the pump not going back down as well.

The well probably needs to be bailed out and made deeper again before resetting the pump. Sometimes people just cut off some pipe to get the pump off the bottom, which is only OK if the well is a good producer.

Sorry for your problem. Sounds like you may need to look for another pump company that wants the work if that is possible. That is also why so many people are now Doing It Themselves these days, as they can't find anyone competent to work anymore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks