Proper connector for cooktop

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by hotchuckwagon, May 10, 2018.

1. hotchuckwagon

hotchuckwagon New Member

20180510_082704.jpg

I previously had a range/oven combo. It was plugged into an outlet that was attached to the 3 wires in the above picture. The wiring is 6 awg aluminum and is on a 50 amp breaker. I now have a cooktop only that I want to power with the existing wires. The cooktop wiring has a red, black and green ground wire. The cooktop requires a 40 amp circuit but states that a proper AL/CU connector be used when connecting to aluminum wiring. What type of connector would you experts suggest. Any other relevant info is appreciated as well.

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hotchuckwagon

hotchuckwagon New Member

I was planning on putting a metal box in there, attached to the back of the cabinet. I am just trying to understand what the best connector would be for this AL/CU connection. Thanks.

5. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired