Proper connector for cooktop

Users who are viewing this thread

hotchuckwagon

Reaction score
20180510_082704.jpg

I previously had a range/oven combo. It was plugged into an outlet that was attached to the 3 wires in the above picture. The wiring is 6 awg aluminum and is on a 50 amp breaker. I now have a cooktop only that I want to power with the existing wires. The cooktop wiring has a red, black and green ground wire. The cooktop requires a 40 amp circuit but states that a proper AL/CU connector be used when connecting to aluminum wiring. What type of connector would you experts suggest. Any other relevant info is appreciated as well.

hotchuckwagon

Reaction score
I was planning on putting a metal box in there, attached to the back of the cabinet. I am just trying to understand what the best connector would be for this AL/CU connection. Thanks.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks