Project Source toilet from Lowes

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, I’m in a homeowners house and he’s having problems with his toilet. I look under the toilet and he’s got a good flange not one of those restrictive one like inside of 3 inch.

Look under his home and notice there is a sanitary tee on its side that catches the toilet on the main. Obviously not ideal and could definitely cause problems.

So I tell him I recommend replacing the tee and getting the fall correct there and that should help his flush. But the more I think about it the more I’m wondering if this project source toilet is part of the issue as well. I’ve run into toilets that have trouble at the part that dumps into the flange and the wax ring sits. I’m going in the morning and while I’m confident the plumbing under the home is not right what I’m not confident of is whether or not it’s going to 100% solve his problem. I think it may be an issue with the toilet as well.

Anyone know about these project source toilets?

project-source-toilet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
That’s kind of what I was afraid of. I’m going to recommend we change the toilet as well. We push the Toto drake and entrada but he’s on a budget so I’ll see what he thinks about a Gerber Avalanche. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That’s kind of what I was afraid of. I’m going to recommend we change the toilet as well. We push the Toto drake and entrada but he’s on a budget so I’ll see what he thinks about a Gerber Avalanche. Thanks.

Yep, Drake, Drake II, Entrada
No on the 746 series dual flush Drake though.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you look at the side of the toilet, notice how that one makes an abrupt right angle turn, then needs to make another one to go down the drain...not ideal. Toto toilets make smooth turns and point the waste straight down the drain...it does make a difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks