programmable themostats

Users who are viewing this thread

freebird77

Reaction score
Hi all, Thinking of getting a programmable stat for my kero furnace because Ive recently bought a pellet stove, and Im afraid my daughter will still crank up the kero when im not home. I need to know if they come with a code or something that only I know, so she will not be wasting kerosene and pellets too. Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not familiar with that, but many brands make a lockable cover. These are often used in commercial applications to keep both the help and the clients from tweaking them.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
One specifice model I happen to know about has a keypad lockout feature....set it and then enter the code, no one can change the setting. It is the LUX PSPH605. I am sure many others might have that feature.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
Lots of digital t-stats have a MAX and MIN temperature setting with password protection ... My wife didn't think it was too funny though... :D

Abikerboy

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Mine has a lockout code, a four digit number you have to enter to change or to overridethe program. Its a Honeywell, but not sure what model.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks