Price Pfister Avante faucet - handle removal

Users who are viewing this thread

MicheleDIY

Reaction score
Hi! My tub faucet in my newly purchased home is leaking. I went to replace the cartridge in the handle and found that there is no cap with screw underneath or hole for an Allen screw. In fact, there seems to be no way to remove the handle at all, and I am hesitant to try pulling it off for fear of really damaging it. Can anyone help? It is a Price Pfister and looks to be at least 20 years old. Please ignore the bungee and tag in the photo- they are currently holding the faucet to a slowish drip.

PricePfistersm.JPG

tootse

Reaction score
Hi! My tub faucet in my newly purchased home is leaking. I went to replace the cartridge in the handle and found that there is no cap with screw underneath or hole for an Allen screw. In fact, there seems to be no way to remove the handle at all, and I am hesitant to try pulling it off for fear of really damaging it. Can anyone help? It is a Price Pfister and looks to be at least 20 years old. Please ignore the bungee and tag in the photo- they are currently holding the faucet to a slowish drip.

Did you ever figure out how to remove the handle? I have a similar handle and removing the sticker doesn't reveal any screw underneath!

Lawrence Smith

Reaction score
Its not the sticker itself, under the push out part the sticker is on you can pry is off easily with a screwdriver.

Chris Maino

Reaction score
@MicheleDIY, do you know the model # of your faucet? I have the same exact one and have to replace cartridge. (leaking and no cold).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks