ID 3 handle faucet circa 1950s

Users who are viewing this thread

BWray

Reaction score
I'm trying to identify the manufacture of a 3 handle tub faucet set, to repair a slow drip leak at the spout.

I have seen quite a few photos, but none that match this set, where the escutcheons do not screw on, but have an independent nut that secures them in place. My house was built in 1953 and I believe these are original. I took pictures of the set with the nuts still loosely in place securing the escutcheons. Also there is a picture of the label screw covers, in case the font style helps identify the manufacturer correctly.

I need to purchase a knob puller before I can get deeper into the disassembly. If I need to dig deeper to determine the manufacturer.

Thanks!
IMG_0758.jpeg
IMG_0759.jpeg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The handles and index buttons (shown below) are American Standard. This trim was normally used with widespread faucets on lavatories. I think you will need the handle puller to see exactly what is behind the escutcheons.

IMG_9943.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks