Pot Filler on an outside wall

Users who are viewing this thread

noreast

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was considering installing a pot filler while I'm redoing my kitchen. It is on an outside wall however, and it gets mighty cold up here in the Catskill Mts of NY. The house is made of 2x6 though, which would allow for some insulation behind it. But it is a second home that keep at around 55% when we're not there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

George

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like a freezer to me...

grohe-pot-filler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Do you really need a potfiller faucet when there are modern pullout kitchen faucets available? The only reason I say so is because plumbing it on an outside wall in an area prone to long cold winters could risk the chance of freezing. Of course you'd minimize the risk by packing r20 in the wall cavity behind the plumbing and using pex. I don't really see it as too much of a problem so long as you drain the system when you relocate to your other home.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I thought about this when I remodeled, but decided against it. While handy, especially if you have it near the stove, if it is an outside wall, and you drop the heat for extended periods of time while away, I think you are asking for troubles. I ended up with a high single handle, tall pull-out faucet. I have a D-shaped undermount sink, and I mounted the faucet on the back right-hand side (not in the middle). I have a filtered water faucet in the back in the middle, and a soap dispenser symetrically located opposite the faucet. This allows me to swivel the handle over many pots and fill them on the counter. Deeper ones in the sink, most others on the counter. I think it's a good compromise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks