Plumbing Issue Under Old Mobile Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I live in a mobile home that is at least 10 years old ...if not older...with plumbing issues. I've had issues pretty much from the time I moved in around 8 years ago. The toilet never had enough water pressure to flush or wasn't really going down. Both the kitchen an bathroom sinks have problems where the water takes a really long time to go down. The tub is the only part of the mobile home that doesn't have any plumbing issues--at least that I know--which I say because one point I got Liquid Fire it ate away the part of the tub just outside the drain hole so everything just goes down there without a problem.

I had complained to the park manager to have the piping looked at but he said later the maintenance guy checked the part of the piping that they would be responsible outside of the home and said that it was fine.

In the bathroom sink part ...I've tried using a snake to get it to go down but that didn't work. Liquid Fire made it go down but is still slow going down.

Reach4

Reaction score
The tub is the only part of the mobile home that doesn't have any plumbing issues
Is that near where the drainage feeds into the park's system? If so, that would be after the clog. Is that at one end?

In the bathroom sink part ...I've tried using a snake to get it to go down but that didn't work. Liquid Fire made it go down but is still slow going down.
How far did you run the snake?

Maybe make a rough diagram showing the location of the tub, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, and the connection to the park's system.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
if nothing drains well I doubt coincednce that they are all plugged up its the main but could be on your side of tie in . 8 years you should get on it no need waiting . is there a clean out ? can you run water down the c/o

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Someone will have the get under the home and look things over. The home should have been built with a clean out under it. The only other thing that can cause all of the drains with poor performance can be venting. Mobile homes do go through a building inspection at the factory like a stick built home on site, so there should be a vent on the roof. It need to be checked that it is not capped off (doubtful) for transport when it was built.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Michael you'll need to do some looking around for clean out pull plug and see if water is there then run water and flush water see if it backs up? if you don't know how old the place is you likely are a renter doesn't owner perform any maintenance? you said its been that way

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks