PLEASE DIAGNOSE MY F&$!@!G PLUMBING

Users who are viewing this thread

Kazimm

Reaction score
Hello- we have recently purchased a home in Texas, less than 30 days ago and are having plumbing issues. It’s a ranch style home,2 bath, no basement. The bathrooms are located on the left side of the home (one in the hall-the other in master bedroom, almost one directly in front of the other about 30ft apart, with the master bath sitting farthest back. The right side of the home has kitchen, laundry and water heater. The cleanout is also on the right side of the home.

As of about 2 weeks ago the hall toilet bowl filled after flushing and eventually backed into the tub, I used a gallon of instant power drain cleaner and seemed to work well for a few days. Later that week it did it again so I opened the cleanout and spent about 6 hours removing what I’m guessing was about 3 years of baby wipes. Afterwards I used a drain bladder to clear anything from main to sewer. Once I cleared main to sewer all the water holding in the main cleared out and everything worked perfect...for 6 days.

A few days ago while taking a bath(in master bath, farthest from main cleanout) the toilet started bubbling, the next day both toilets won’t drain and bathtub fills with toilet contents and both toilets now bubble when taking a shower. Nothing on the right side of the home dishwasher, washing machine, kitchen sink is backing up and don’t cause the toilets to bubble when water is used.

Today I now smell a burnt rubber smell so I’m thinking maybe clean the vents??

I’m going to clean the vents anyway because I assume anyone who would flush baby wipes probably has never done so. Ive never cleaned a drain vent before so kinda winging it here- should I open the main cleanout while doing so?

I don’t even know if this is in anyway the problem so any guidance or suggestions would be great-

Being a plumbing novice, simple words go a long way!! Thanks so much-

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you're pulling baby wipes out, there may be more you haven't snaked out yet. They are becoming a major problem everywhere. There is no such things as a flushable wipe. But I know that those F&$!@!G wipes weren't put in there by your family. You may need to bring in a plumber that does snaking. It's not going to be your vents, it's the main line.

Kazimm

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! I was sure at best 2-3 days before a response, so I’m extremely impressed!!!

Who flushes F!$&@“G wipes?!? Says so right on the pack!!

So can I always assume if I open my cleanout and it gushes/holds water the clog is still there? Is it possible to shut off the water supply to each toilet separately while running the baths one at a time to isolate the location of the clog if it’s a main line?

Nice to learn a thing or two, especially since next to house fire, plumbing always seems to be the biggest emergency!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks