Pipe layout for linear shower conversion from old tub

Users who are viewing this thread

jboyles

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm doing a master bath remodel in the house I recently purchased. Originally, it had a small shower stall with an oversized tub next to it. I have since removed both and have the space down to studs and slab. I'm planning on installing a linear shower drain system where the old tub drain is located. In removing the tub, the drain cracked and is now pretty low down under the slab. I've got decent access to it, but am not sure how to route the pipe to the linear drain. I've attached a couple photos to give you an idea of what I'm working with. The red area is roughly where the linear drain will need to be +/- an inch or so. Is it ok for the P-trap to be about 6 inches from the shower drain itself?
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0854.jpg

jboyles

Reaction score
Just had a plumber come by to give me a quote on the drain work. $1,499. Seems incredibly high to move the drain 6 inches. Especially with most of the slab already broken up.

Anyone have a recommendation on what to do?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks