Old drain, new tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Biggdan

Reaction score
I’m replacing a 60”x30” enameled steel alcove tub. After removing old tub, I found the drain/overflow fixture as shown in picture. Overflow is ~2 1/2” from wall stud and tub drain is 8” from wall stud. But as shown in this picture, the old fixture was cemented in place. I’m not sure if that is normal, but now I realize I will either have to dig the old one out OR make sure to purchase a tub that will fit those measurements for the drain and use the old one. Which shouldn’t do? Restricting myself to those measurements is going to severely limit my choices. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 44

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
its not the easiest job but using that stuff over again in an area with zero access is something id never do . So I dig it out and replace p trap underfloor as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks