pine board for ceiling - diagonally

Users who are viewing this thread

cobrastring

Reaction score
would like some info regarding the placing of this type of ceiling -- with 5 1/2"
pine boards for my 8 x 12 ceiling -- such as starting point, staining, type of nails etc -- can someone give me a little expert advice -- i am not a carpenter.
thanks,
cobrastring

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
You would want to use tongue-and-groove boards, and you would nail on an angle at the base of the tongue so the next board would cover the nailhead.

All the sanding-and-staining and sanding-and-sealing work should be done before any boards go up, and you will need a way to make very clean cuts during installation.

You will need nailing blocks between the ceiling joists along the walls so you will be able to nail the ends of all boards ...

Those are some things that come to mind at the moment.

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You'll also want to check the ceiling joists for sags and make any necessary flattening corrections before you start. A six foot level is great for this kind of thing.

Tom

cobrastring

Reaction score
diagonal ceiling -- pine boards

thanks guys for this -- i will give it a try
cobrastring

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks