P Trap Extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Kaniewski

Reaction score
First post here, I have a pretty simple question regarding a P Trap. I have attached a picture of the trap. I circled the area where I have a question. I need more height to install this P Trap because the length of the pipe coming down from a shower drain does not give me enough depth. Can I extend the the length (only a few inches) of the fitting by a using a coupler where the area is circled. Thanks.

Attachments

• PTRAP.jpg
    PTRAP.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 193

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Actually the trap seal should be not less than 2" so extending so it is slightly deeper maynot be an issue .. Check your local code first

Mark Kaniewski

Reaction score
Actually the trap seal should be not less than 2" so extending so it is slightly deeper maynot be an issue .. Check your local code first
Thanks I was doing some more searching and it seems like the maximum seal can be 4". Not sure what the seal is on the fitting that I showed but if I could add 2" or so it may just fit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks