Outdoor Sump Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

hags428

Reaction score
In the main panel in my house I have a circuit breaker labeled sump pump. I looked inside the basement but there was no sump installed anywhere. I went outside of my house and found a round green lid (nothing to do with my septic) and when I unscrewed it, I found it down about ten feet (no water down there). Why would this sump pump be installed outdoors and how to I know if it is working or how will I know if it goes bad? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Look down there after/during a big rain.

Is that fed by a foundaton perimeter drain? Does it get fed drainage from the basement or patio? Don't know.

When there is no water, you could try lowering a loud sound maker down there, put the cover on, add other silencing materials on top of that. You could then get some great-hearing help to listen for the sound away from that lid.

hags428

Reaction score
Look down there after/during a big rain.

Is that fed by a foundaton perimeter drain? Does it get fed drainage from the basement or patio? Don't know.

When there is no water, you could try lowering a loud sound maker down there, put the cover on, add other silencing materials on top of that. You could then get some great-hearing help to listen for the sound away from that lid.
Will do. We are supposed to get alot of rain the next two days. I believe it is a foundation drain. There is no pipe that exits the basement into that area, so I am thinking a its a French drain. ?? I can see where the power exits through the foundation in the basement so the drain that enters the sump basin may come from the foundation

Reach4

Reaction score
I usually hear the term French drain to describe something near the surface, just below the grass.

hags428

Reaction score
This is not just below the surface. I went out and took a picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_200920_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_200920_Gallery.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 96

hags428

Reaction score
The electrical that goes through the foundation to the outside fornthe pump

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_201653_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_201653_Gallery.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 82
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks