One well, two houses. Two pressure tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbabwe

Reaction score
Howdy,

It seems that I can't find a thread in these forums which pertains exactly to my situation, so here goes:

I have one well with one deep-well pump. It needs to supply water to one residence (metal building) which is 1,000 feet from it, and another residence (ranch house) which is 300 feet from it and 1,200 feet from the metal building residence.

I know that the pressure tank should be close to the point of water usage. I will have one tank at the metal building residence and its pressure switch will signal the well pump to turn on and off via low-voltage wiring and some relays. It's what I have now at another property and works "well!"

Questions:

Should I or should I not install another pressure tank at the ranch house?

If so, should it have a pressure switch which controls the well pump and how should it be set?

If no pressure switch, to what should I set the pre-charge in the tank?

Should it have a check valve?

Thanks,
Jim

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There are lots of threads on this here. But you only need one tank, and that tank needs to be close to the pressure switch. The pressure switch/pressure tank can be at the well, or anywhere in the system. Just don't have any check valves except the one down on the pump, and the water can go in whatever direction it needs to from the tank and/or the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks