Old Utility Sink Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

MollyJo

Reaction score
So I'm going to be honest. I'm a 21-year-old female with very little experience with plumbing. I did replace our house's faucet on a whim last year and found the process very easy. I have completely refinished our 100-year-old wood floors by myself and have also re-tiled a few floors without any prior knowledge. So I believe I am capable but this time I need a little advice.

We have an old utility sink in our basement and as my dad's 50th birthday present we are updating his workspace in the basement. This is a surprise (we are doing this on a weekend when he goes up north to our cabin) and we are mainly just cleaning up, painting, getting him some new tools etc. But this utility sink is something I know he would love to have working again since washing out paint brushes in our bathroom sink is not ideal. I remember it used to work when I was younger but then we stopped using it.

I went down there tonight and saw that there weren't any handles on the valves but then found one of them. I put the cold water on and it does work. I am just beyond confused on how to get a faucet body/faucet spout on since this is so much different from our other faucets in the house. Below I have some pictures, I am sorry for how gross this all looks! I will be cleaning it up ASAP. Please let me know if you have any advice for me! Thank you so much in advance.
IMG_6088.JPG
IMG_6085.JPG
IMG_6082.JPG
IMG_6083.JPG

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
To replace this faucet with a similar style faucet, turn the main off, unscrew the 2 unions between the copper supply pipes and the faucet, and connect a new faucet and turn the main back on. Check for leaks.
If some modifications are required, or if you find this to be more than you can chew, hire a plumber.

Reach4

Reaction score
Central Brass 0465 Laundry Faucet would be a reasonable replacement, but it would require new connections.