Old Utility Sink Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

MollyJo

Reaction score
So I'm going to be honest. I'm a 21-year-old female with very little experience with plumbing. I did replace our house's faucet on a whim last year and found the process very easy. I have completely refinished our 100-year-old wood floors by myself and have also re-tiled a few floors without any prior knowledge. So I believe I am capable but this time I need a little advice.

We have an old utility sink in our basement and as my dad's 50th birthday present we are updating his workspace in the basement. This is a surprise (we are doing this on a weekend when he goes up north to our cabin) and we are mainly just cleaning up, painting, getting him some new tools etc. But this utility sink is something I know he would love to have working again since washing out paint brushes in our bathroom sink is not ideal. I remember it used to work when I was younger but then we stopped using it.

I went down there tonight and saw that there weren't any handles on the valves but then found one of them. I put the cold water on and it does work. I am just beyond confused on how to get a faucet body/faucet spout on since this is so much different from our other faucets in the house. Below I have some pictures, I am sorry for how gross this all looks! I will be cleaning it up ASAP. Please let me know if you have any advice for me! Thank you so much in advance.
IMG_6088.JPG
IMG_6085.JPG
IMG_6082.JPG
IMG_6083.JPG

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
To replace this faucet with a similar style faucet, turn the main off, unscrew the 2 unions between the copper supply pipes and the faucet, and connect a new faucet and turn the main back on. Check for leaks.
If some modifications are required, or if you find this to be more than you can chew, hire a plumber.

Reach4

Reaction score
Central Brass 0465 Laundry Faucet would be a reasonable replacement, but it would require new connections.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks