Offset P Trap Sink Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Tintin

Reaction score
I have a routing question for the P trap for an Ikea sink...is what is shown in the first photo totally fine to do? It's tight, but I think that can work. The second photo I'm assuming is NOT correct since the longer side of the U pipe should be on the side that the water is coming in from, right? This routing gives me a bit more space is why I'm asking, but I'm assuming that I can't do that. And the last photo the routing would also work right, but it is one more piece of pipe and I'm trying to go the simplest route. Thank you!
IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

Tintin

Reaction score
Oh it's okay to have the J pipe of the p trap higher on the outlet side like in the second photo? All the of the ones I've seen have longer portion of the J pipe on the intake side and the shorter portion on the side that goes into the wall. I thought this was for siphoning purposes, but you are saying it's okay to reverse the J pipe?

Last edited:

Tintin

Reaction score
I have another option shown below, but this way sticks out a bit too far and the shelf touches below (ps the other line there is a condensate drip line for a mini split that I will cut shorter and have grade, I just haven't done it yet). I know Terry had mentioned he put an elbow at the wall (shown in the second photo below ), but was the trap adapter a male connection? This way would have it protrude less.

IMG_5245.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks