Oatey 95 flux residue still in pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Dwitting87

Reaction score
So I just roughed in a bar sink in my basement. The lines tapped were for the bathroom sink overhead. I probably used more flux than is needed, but not overly excessive as I brush it on vs gobbing it on....in either case, it's been two days and I am still getting flux residue in the sink overhead.

I'm thinking part of this is because the rough in lines aren't being flushed since the sink isn't installed yet. The other paranoid feeling I have is that this is because I had too much flux.

I use oatey 95 because the oil based stuff works the best IMO. I've read this won't dissolve on its own in water. Is there any solution to this issue? What are the odds this would go away if I just go and add a control valve on the rough in and flush this system out.

Thank you in advance.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Inside the pipe extra flux can be washed away when you run the water while warming the pipes..
Outside the pipe extra flux can be warmed and wiped clean.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks