Question about how flux affect pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I recently read that hot water in copper pipes can help dissolve unwanted flux in the line and work to help prevent excesses flux from pitting the pipe from the inside out. Cold line sees more inside-out pitting from flux.

Should I consider running hot water through all my new lines to help remove any excess flux in the lines from my joints before they become all connected, Currently they are in sections. No water is being run through any new soldered joints as I wait for the entire system to go online.

Another question I am looking at as well, if I flux and solder a joint and do not run any water through it for over a month or longer, are there any issues with not running water through the pipes to flush out what ever is left over from creating the joint. Or is it OK to simply store these joints while the remaining lines are being created in sections all to be joined at later date.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks