NO WATER COMING OUT

Users who are viewing this thread

mamakole

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a new member and not quite sure how to post my problem, but I need help!! I had a tenant call with frozen water pipes. The weather warmed enough, same day, thawing water, then busted water line; repaired;all water working at this point. Tenant calls week later, " something wrong with water. I check it, small stream coming from faucets (randomly) then stopped. At this point I'm thinking water starting to freeze; it being late night, I turned breaker off and water off at main. Next morning, turned water on at main, all cold water working. No water coming through any hot water faucets.

Here's the mystery to me. With hot water faucets open, I turn cold water on in bathroom sink and water starts running thru hot water faucets in bathtub and kitchen sink. I turn cold off and all goes off. This is a Rudd Glaspacemaker electric tank.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most single handle faucets allow a mix of hot and cold so if one of those was not fully turned to all cold, some water could back feed into the hot side.

The act of heating water tends to drive out some of the entrapped air and may precipitate out some minerals...those impurities now being less than the cold water can mean the water that had been heated will freeze at a higher temperature than the raw cold water. Sounds like you still have a frozen hot water line, disrupting the supply to those devices. If you can get hot somewhere, and can't other places, the frozen section is in between the two.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The hot water line can freeze even before the cold one. Make sure all of the supply piping is protected from freezing. It is common for a frozen pipe to rupture during the thawing process.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Opening hot and cold water faucets PAST the point where the line is frozen will ALWAYS allow backflow into the frozen one, but that only means the line is still frozen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks