no sewage access toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

modity

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a non-septic toilet. this will be in an apartment over garage where because of layout I cannot get septic access from it. I will have water, I hope( see my post under well and pump). Someone told me to tyy incinerator toilet, do these really work well? Can anyone recommend brand or other alternative? Thanks

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
What would you do with the waste water from the shower or a sink?

There are composting toilets that evaporate fluids and break solids down into something like potting soil. A web search for "compost toilet" should yield a lot of info.

Incinerator toilets essentially do the same, but they can be expensive to purchase, to fuel and to maintain, and they can generate quite a bit of heat.

If you end up going elsewhere to shower and so on anyway, there are RV-style "suitcase toilets" that can be carried away and dumped in any conventional toilet ... and my wife and I once stayed with a friend where we had nothing more than our own 5-gallon pail lined with a garbage bag and covered with a lid. In a case like that, sawdust is great for reducing odor and slosh, and Cabela's sells a snap-on toilet seat.

Last edited:

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Check local code...
I know in Phoenix, if it is at all possible (no matter how convenient) to plumb to the existing septic/sewer, it has to be connected and not pumped etc...
They may not allow an alternative means of plumbing the apt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks