No hot water kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

ramsey76

Reaction score
I have a single handle kitchen faucet. No hot water is flowing when you turn handle to get hot water.

Some items

1) Kitchen cartridge replace a week ago with no issues

I removed the cartridge ( with both hot and cold valves off). I open the cold the water shot straight up. when I did the same thing with hot , there was no water. I am pretty sure it is not the cartridge

2) Hot water valve is on ( beneath the sink)

3) Hot water is flowing at nearby bathroom sink

4) I do not hear or detect any leaks

My Plumber is backed up with priority work for a week. My stuff is not big deal so I understand

Anything I might be able to troubleshoot

I really curious what this might be

T

Reach4

Reaction score
Anything I might be able to troubleshoot
Did you try disconnecting the faucet connector line at the output of the hot stop valve? Maybe get another flex line to feed the water into the bucket if you don't want to risk spraying water under the sink.

ramsey76

Reaction score
Did you try disconnecting the faucet connector line at the output of the hot stop valve? Maybe get another flex line to feed the water into the bucket if you don't want to risk spraying water under the sink.
Excellent idea. This will help me isolate the issue thanks

ramsey76

Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this. I shut off the water and disconnected the water inlet from the hot valve to the faucet.

Replaced this water in let with a hose to bucket

Got hot water

So does this mean the issue connection to the faucet and or the faucet ?

Thanks

T

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's in the faucet then. You might try back flushing it by pointing the hot side from the faucet into a bucket and then opening up the faucet to the middle, try to back flush with cold into the bucket and see what comes out.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it could be crap inside the supply line itself. worst case senario remove cartridge and try blasting air down hot side but Terrys Idea quicker and likely will solve issue so try that first!

wallhanger

Reaction score
(amateur homeowner here.)

I recently removed an older Moen faucet to see if I could repair it from damage from a stuck cartridge and my attempts to remove said cartridge.

The vertical length of the hot water side was almost completely blocked by scale. You can get a set of inexpensive various sized brass and steel brushes at Harbor Freight. I spent about 5 minutes with one of the steel ones and was able to clean out most of the blockage. Although my faucet was out and in my hand, I think you could do the same thing with the faucet in place. You will just have a mess under the sink.

Be careful and wear safety glasses. I had my back screwed up for 2 weeks or so from catching a rib just right on the edge of the cabinet, and eye problems for a couple of days because of pieces of 20 year old plumbers putty because I forgot to wear safety glasses.

(I was also extremely surprised at how much scale appeared to have built up in the hot water supply line over just a 3-4 year period. Those lines don't cost too much at the orange big box store, with 6 years, maybe it would be prudent to replace them both anyway.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks