New Delta Spout with old Adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dfny36

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I am trying to replace an old tub spout (in the pic, on the right) with one from a new oil rubbed bronze trim kit.

But the old one used the brass adapter - which seems to be threaded on to a copper adapter which is soldered to the copper stub (is that right?).

Do they sell a replacement to the white plastic internals of the spout that I'd be able to put in the new spout and just use the stub/adapter as is?

I'm afraid to remove the brass/copper adapter(s) as the copper stub may be too short then for a slip on install.

What would you do?

Thanks!

ReplaceSpout.jpg
adapter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
That brass adapter you have is the Delta RP12307. If you can find a Delta faucet you like that works with that adapter, it will make it really easy. You may find the phrase "RP12307 adapter assembly included" for some spouts.

An OB suffix on the part number means oiled brass.

Dfny36

Reaction score
Thank you! I'd prefer to keep the spout I have.

So I carefully removed the adapter (see pic). I'm hoping I can just get a brass coupling and nipple to extend it to around 4 inches, then use the spout without it's plastic internals.

IMG_20190903_193359.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The adapter in your original picture is, IMHO, preferable to having a spout that requires the nipple exactly the right length. As long as you replace the O-ring, any new spout designed for that adapter will just screw on. The variation in length it will accommodate in the pipe is quite large. WIth a spout that relies on the nipple and male pipe thread must be very close to that specified to work when it gets just tight enough to seal while having the spout at the right place against the tile and pointing down. THere's enough give in the Delta spouts so you can do that easily.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks