New Carolina Skirted Toilet II

Users who are viewing this thread

jjaazzy

Reaction score
I have the original Carolina Skirted toilet and love it. After installing I was able to put the plunger in the garage. Finishing up a MB remodel and notice that they have a new and improved Carolina II Skirted. I would like to hear from anyone that has put one in what they think. They have changed the flush to a double cyclone with a santigloss and have reduced the flow from 1.6 gpm to 1.26. We have a problem in this house with the builder grade 1993 low flow toilets we were not sure if it was poor toilet or a venting issue. I did a lot of research to find the carolina and we have only had to plunge it 2 x in the last 3-4 years I say that is a success. Now were moving into different technology and would just like to hear from someone that has installed this new toilet. What do you think?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you search the forum, you'll generally find positive comments on the double-cyclone flush mechanism. One particularly nice feature is that because of that design, there's no under-rim area to get grody. The lower flow is usually obtained by more careful balancing of the tank to bowl fill ratios, not in the amount used to empty the bowl of waste, rather than just chopping the flow. The older ones tended to waste a little bit of water overfilling the bowl; the newer ones are more careful about that. Personally, CEFIONTECT means I have to clean my toilets less often than I did with my old ones without it. Mine are way before double-cyclone came about, though.

jjaazzy

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply

Thanks for the info I had no idea that the inside of the bowl would not have a rim... Interesting thanks for your input.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks