Need to modify bathroom piping before inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

SYakoban

Reaction score
We have a long remodel project including adding a full basement bath. We hired a pro to do the plumbing rough in including under slab and tying into existing piping. At the time, we didn't opt to add a slop sink outside the bath on a framed wall in the unfinished basement side, but want to now. The plumber is not available so I want to modify it myself.

Two areas, I want to be 100% positive about before cutting in anything:

1. The vent.
The first photo shows how I would add in a sanitary T to the 2" vertical coming off of the sink. It's a shared vent with the shower that has a horizontal run of about 15 feet before tying into the main waste stack of the two main floor bathrooms above.

T-bathroom.JPG

Is that an allowable number of vented items on that 2" pipe?
Do I run 2" or transition to 1-1/2" to vent the sink? If so, at what point do I transition?

2. The drain.
It would have been perfect to add the drain when the rough-in was done due to the under slab location of the pipe, but too late. I want to cut into the vertical drain pipe (shown here) which is around the corner of the slop sink location.

bathroom.JPG

bath-pipe2.JPG

Is this configuration to code?

Any issues to be concerned about?

Thanks guys.

Atomic1

Reaction score
I second the crown vent fail. That vent mouth will risk becoming clogged with debris

Reach4

Reaction score
IMG_5.jpg
A potential modification. Note your choice of fittings.