Need to modify bathroom piping before inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

SYakoban

Reaction score
We have a long remodel project including adding a full basement bath. We hired a pro to do the plumbing rough in including under slab and tying into existing piping. At the time, we didn't opt to add a slop sink outside the bath on a framed wall in the unfinished basement side, but want to now. The plumber is not available so I want to modify it myself.

Two areas, I want to be 100% positive about before cutting in anything:

1. The vent.
The first photo shows how I would add in a sanitary T to the 2" vertical coming off of the sink. It's a shared vent with the shower that has a horizontal run of about 15 feet before tying into the main waste stack of the two main floor bathrooms above.

T-bathroom.JPG

Is that an allowable number of vented items on that 2" pipe?
Do I run 2" or transition to 1-1/2" to vent the sink? If so, at what point do I transition?

2. The drain.
It would have been perfect to add the drain when the rough-in was done due to the under slab location of the pipe, but too late. I want to cut into the vertical drain pipe (shown here) which is around the corner of the slop sink location.

bathroom.JPG

bath-pipe2.JPG

Is this configuration to code?

Any issues to be concerned about?

Thanks guys.

Atomic1

Reaction score
I second the crown vent fail. That vent mouth will risk becoming clogged with debris

Reach4

Reaction score
IMG_5.jpg
A potential modification. Note your choice of fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks