Need to find old light switch stuff (circa mid 50's)

Users who are viewing this thread

lw33pr

Reaction score
I bought a house that has some weird light switches. The covers measure about about 4.5 X 2.75 inches with the switch holes measuring about .75 X 1.0 inches. They were made by General Electric and the house was built in the mid 50's but that is all I can find on them. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them or were I can info and find parts for them mainly covers. I attached a picture of the cover. Thanks for looking and helping!
Cheers!

Attachments

• Photo_030208_001.jpg
    Photo_030208_001.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 353

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If they are the one's I'm thinking about, each opening could be either a switch or an outlet. Had a bunch of them, but think I threw them out. Will take a look when I get home tonight. Have not seen them around for years.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It has been a few years, but they were available at least at that time. You will need to find the oldest electric supply house in your area, the one that is still in a run down building in "old downtown" area. Sorta like the old hardware store with the basement full of so much neat stuff!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
switches

Check for "Despard" switches and/or outlets. You might have to contact a good electrical store to find them. Pass & Seymour still lists them so you are probably in luck as far as finding what you need.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks