Need advice about adding a hose to sprinkler line

Users who are viewing this thread

Dean Thompson

Reaction score
Our outside sprinkler lines had a pipe that had a hose bibb connected to it, My wife's dad came over and told me there was a leak coming from the sprinkler head (which there wasn't), well the SOB decided to dig up where the sprinkler valves are and CUT the pipe where it goes to the hose bibb thinking that's where the leak came from, he did it without knowing jack squat about any plumbing or anything, when asked him to put everything back he told "Nah just hire a handyman its too much work for me to do" so my wife mad as hell asked me to repair it because that was our only hose outside. So I just need some advice on how to do this, not the hose itself but how to connect the Tee coupling together from the tee to the first water sprinkler there is a short length so I don't want to cut too much. Any help or guidance would be so appreciated. So sorry if I am confusing anyone with wrong terminology.

I attached a photo

Attachments

• Sprinkler.jpg
    Sprinkler.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 240

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There might be enough pipe left if you cut the cap off real close to add a coupling to faucet line. However, I would probably cut out a piece of than 5" section before the tee, install another tee facing up, and elbow over to the faucet line. You are going to need to do some more digging to have enough room to attach the extra tee.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks