motor swap on jet pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Wet_Boots, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Rancher

Rancher Guest

You could always use a 1/2 hp pump with a flow restrictor (valve)...

Rancher

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Still, the 1/3 HP is a more of a sure thing, so far as the suction side goes. Assuming skill, or homeowner non-interference with valve adjustments of the professional, is more than I'm willing to expect.

3. Raucina

Raucina New Member

toiletvalveguy
    Sears paid a big fine over their 5HP motor "rated" that were really 1/2 HP, I think it was on the vacuums, several years ago. Someone - probably a off work lawyer- got them on false advertising with some gov agency.

Take a 1 HP motor with 1.7 SF and indeed it will give you 5 HP for several seconds, then it will start to smoke and hopefully blow the breaker before it explodes.

Lets give a cheer to Franklin for honestly building and rating their motors for submersibles.

If you want to get out of the motor rut, get on 3 phase service, and all these issues are behind you.

The system about HP ratings is broken and deceitful.

4. speedbump

speedbump Active Member

Water well and pump tech.
    How true. And like someone said, it could be vacuum cleaners, pump motors, stereo systems, who knows? It's all gotten out of hand with the deception.

bob...