Moen Valve type and replacement trim

Users who are viewing this thread

jwasyod

Reaction score
I have an old Moen shower valve. I am looking to replace the trim and cannot find anything that will fit. It seems like all the newer ones have screws. My valve is held on by two pieces of trim that screw onto the valve. I have attached a photo. The tub water is turned on by pulling up and out on the handle and then twisting for hot and cold. Do I need to replace the valve or is there a trim kit available. Thank you.

IMG_3428.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Moen Moentrol.
What you have on there now will need to be removed. It was a lever trim that operated like a Delta lever trim. I haven't seen those in years.
The valve you have is current though. You may want to replace the cartridge while you have everything open though.
1225B

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It looks like an offshoot of a kitchen faucet with a lever handle. Their parts book does NOT show a valve like that and all their trims use 2 bolts. I might NOT be an "official" Moen faucet, however, because a few other companies, such as Crane, did use a Moen body for their valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks