Moen shower valve with attached copper tub line

Users who are viewing this thread

NWCherokee

Reaction score
Looking at this valve for remodel:

It is a Moen shower/tub valve with expansion pex fittings for inlets and shower head and appears to come with the copper tub supply factory attached. I did pick-up the Milwaukee Expansion tool and plan to use Uponor pex and fittings since that is what is throughout my 1998 house. Ive worked with crimp pex in the past, so I am looking forward to using the Uponor stuff. I haven't yet done any copper pipe sweating so this would just be simpler for me and worth the little added cost if it is a decent product.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You will still need to stabilize the copper stub out with a heavy Holdrite bracket. It is better to use winged three screw-hole stub outs (IPS preferred).
The Expansion tool is excellent. Use Uponor brand expansion rings and you should be good to go. Read the instructions for installation, which for 1/2" is 5 expansions with the M12 tool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks